Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Shot Through The Heart

I wasn't prepared to lose him.

As the girlfriend of a cop, I assumed - gruesomely - that I'd lose him to gunfire or some horrid crime gone wrong.

I didn't even imagine that I'd lose him to his job.

"Just leave me the fuck alone,OK? I don't have time for high-maintenance."

He snarled at me and I choked back tears because I'm absurdly over-sensitive and Iknew that if I tried to speak I'd lose it and start to sob.

And I'm nothing if not proud.

So I walked out of the cop bar where we'd met and pulled my purse over my shoulder.

Things had been bad for a while, but I'd done everything I could to support him. A couple days before he'd been nasty and angry and when we had gone to bed he'd shoved my head into his crotch and forced my mouth onto his cock.

I'd cried and choked, but he came in my mouth and afterwards rolled over to sleep without a word.

I'd wiped the tears off of my face and didn't sleep a wink. He was gone when I got up but I sucked it up and decided I should be more supportive. I lost that motivation early on the next day.

He'd texted me to drop off his favorite pair of sneakers the next morning. He'd left at 6 and even though he knew I had an early appointment, he demanded my attention to his needs.

Sadly for him, when I got to the precinct, he was not prepared.

He was, in fact, up against a wall, doing a tongue tonsillectomy on a young woman from the squad. She'd been the temp assistant until the permanent gal left. He'd mentioned her because of her monster boobs. I'd thought he was making a humorous comment. Apparently he was praising the double DDs.

I walked up to them and threw his sneakers at his head. The girl gave a squeal, but my expression must have scared her off because she backed away and sneered at me.

"What the fuck?" He flung himself away from the wall but I held up my hand.

"Don't." ANd I turned and walked away from him, the doublel DDs and the precinct house.

There was nothing left to be said because I may be a doormat; I may put up with a lot of shit; but I don't do cheaters. He'd put his cock in some other hole and I was NOT going to deal.

There were a couple of his pals on the steps to the precinct house and they chuckled. He offered up a couple of "fuck you bitch" before he grabbed the girl by the arm and led her back inside.

I walked down the street and wiped tears from my eyes as I told myself I should be happy to be free of such a needy bastard.

I spotted the Dew Drop Inn and made the decision to head in for a drink. Normally, he and I frequented cop bars and I never got a word in edgewise. I was more like a chair that drank. Give me a glass and I'll stand quietly in the corner.

At the Dew Drop, though there were only a few men. No women. I should have felt intimitdated but I didn't.

I sat at the bar and ordered a gin & tonic. It was hot outside and I wanted something cool.

"Bad day, huh?" A guy sat down on the stool next to me and I glanced at him.

Shit.

He was tall, black-haired, black=eyed and he looked like he'd seen the inside of a jail cell. I know this because, well, I was a cop's girlfriend for way too long.

"Yeah. Shitty, actually." I tossed it off and didn't look back at him until I'd swallowed. He was watching my lips and my throat and he smiled a little when I stared at him.

Then I noticed the gun hanging from underneath his leather jacket. I sat up, leaned back and glared at him.

"Are you a cop?"

He looked straight at me and said, "Fuck, no."

"You're wearing a gun."

"I'm a paid assassin." He didn't smile and I didn't care.

"Oh, is that all?"

He looked me dead in the eyes.

"Yeah."

"OK, that's fine."

And then I went home with him and fucked the memory of that cop sonovabith right out of my mind.

1 comment:

  1. I want to read on here! Great story. :)) I'm glad to find your blog and I'll be back to read again soon.

    Destiny Blaine

    ReplyDelete